Matchmaker ships with a Matching Rule called "Lead to Account". This rule is activated earlier in a deployment during Install & Prepare. The rule uses a set of fields to perform matches between leads and accounts: account name, website, email domain and secondary email domain. Matchmaker can also be configured to reference custom fields that have already been configured in an org. For example, a company has two custom fields, one on lead and the other on account, and would like Matchmaker to match referencing these fields.
Note: Matchmaker uses Salesforce Duplicate Management to perform functions. This functionality uses prior matches to increase efficiency. Therefore, if you edit or replace the matching rule after running Matchmaker, you will need to delete Potential Match Records and Duplicate Record Sets from your Salesforce org in order for the new matching rule to work as expected. To see Salesforce's documentation on Duplicate Management please navigate here. Please log a case at the Full Circle Customer Success Community if you need support on this topic.
- Configure a new field on the custom object Shadow Lead.
- Navigate to Lead Matching Settings and map your custom lead field to the Shadow Lead field in Lead Matching settings
- Add the account field to the Matching Rule in Duplicate Management
- Remember to add this to the filter logic.
4. Map the account field to the Shadow Lead field in Duplicate Management Duplicate Rule.
NOTE: Refer to Salesforce Standard Matching Rules and Salesforce Duplicate Rules for more information on setting up custom fields and duplicate rules.
Do you need assistance or have questions? Contact our Customer Success team by logging a case in the Full Circle Customer Success Community.