Opportunity Gatekeeper Permissions
During Installation any profiles that were granted access to the application will have tab visibility for the Opportunity Gatekeeper Tab. To only allow access to specific users do the following.
First block access to the tab for all Profiles
On all profiles, edit and set the tab visibility for Opportunity Gatekeeper to ‘Default Off’
Next, open up access with a Permission Set
Create a Permission Set for the Tab visibility
- Setup > Manage Users > Permission Sets > New
- Name the permission set
- User License: Salesforce
On the next screen
- Select Object Settings > Opportunity Gatekeeper
- Click Edit
- Check the Available and Visible Checkboxes and Save
Next, assign the permission set to specific users
1. Go to the user record you wish to add to this permission set.
2. From the top Permission Set Assignments link, or from the Permission Set Assignments related list click Edit Assignments.
3. Select your Permission Set on the left and move it to the right Enable Permission Sets section
Accessing the Opportunity Gatekeeper Tab
In most cases configuration this application is done once, and occasionally adjusted, so users may not want to have permanent visibility for this Tab from a specific Salesforce App. (An App is the dropdown choice of Tab views on the top right of the browser window – see the image to the right.)
Your user can access the Opportunity Gatekeeper Configuration Tab as needed by clicking + icon on the right of their tab navigation and then clicking on the Opportunity Gatekeeper link.
If the user wants permanent access to the Opportunity Gatekeeper Tab they can add it to any App they have access to:
- Click the + icon on the right of their tab navigation
- Click Customize My Tabs button on the top right of the All Tabs page
3. Select the App they want to display the tab on from the Custom App drop down
4. Select Opportunity Gatekeeper on the left and move it to the right in the Selected Tabs section
The Tab now will be displayed in that App.