ABM Reporting Package Overview
The Full Circle ABM Reporting Package enables you to report on Response Management ABM metrics.
After installing the ABM Reporting Package and following this guide, you can track target accounts in Salesforce and gain insight into performance based on Volume, Velocity, and Conversion for target accounts versus non-target accounts. These early stage indicators can be used to validate progress in target account segments even in organizations with long sales cycles.
Because Salesforce orgs and business practices vary across organizations, the reports in this package will require some customization in order to be fully effective for your team.
This guide will walk you through the process of installing the package, and implementing the customizations and processes required to leverage these reports.
- Expect a Salesforce Administrator to spend between 1-2 hours to complete this process.
- Additional time may be required by Marketing and Sales organizations to agree upon a target account list, prior to beginning this process.
This package includes:
- Full Circle ABM Dashboard (12 Reports)
- Target Account Fields
- View Response History Account Button
- Dynamic View Response History Report
Step-by-Step Installation and Configuration
Install the Reporting Package
Copy/Paste the Reporting Package URL for your preferred org. We strongly recommend installing and configuring in your Sandbox and then pushing changes into Production.
- Production: https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04tG000000040fb
- Sandbox: https://test.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04tG000000040fb
- Select | Install for All Users, or Install for Specific Profiles (grant access to specific profiles, if you choose this selection).
NOTE: Anyone using these reports need to have access granted.
Setup Target Account List
Defining a target account list is a strategic, cross-department activity that is outside the scope of this guide. The package has been built around the simple case of a single target account list that may change overtime. More complicated scenarios involving multiple lists or list tiers can also be used, and these reports and techniques can be adapted to those needs fairly easily. If you have questions about your specific use-case, please file a case.
Once a target account list has been established, the following steps should be followed to ensure that we are tracking this list in Salesforce using the custom account checkbox field Target Account. Additionally, the Response Management Sync Feature will be configured to ensure that we can identify the Target Account status historically, even if we make updates to our Target Account list.
- Using the Salesforce Data Loader, update the Target Account checkbox to True for each Target Account.
- Configure Target Account to Sync on Create from Contacts to Responses.
- Navigate to Setup | Installed Packages |Click | Configure Full Circle Insights Response Management.
- Click | Sync Fields.
- Scroll Down to the Contact Fields Section. Add a mapping for Target Account to Target Account (On Create).
Setup Account Response History Button
Visibility into all of the responses at an account can be a useful way to understand recent activity. The package includes a Dynamic Report and a button which can be added to the Account Page Layout which will make this information easily accessible from any Account.
In order for it to work, the button needs to reference the report ID which is different for each org.
When the View Response History Button is selected:
- Find and open the report Dynamic Account Report - Do Not Save in the folder Full Circle ABM Reports.
- Make note of the Report ID - This is the 15 character string that appears in the URL after salesforce.com.
- In Salesforce Setup, navigate to Customize | Accounts | Buttons, Links, and Actions.
- Click Edit | View Response History and replace the ID with ID you previously copied.
- Add View Response History to Account Page Layouts.
The package is built using the standard MQL/SAL/SQL fields that are part of Response Management.
You may have a different funnel configuration that includes additional stages. Use the existing reports as a template and adjust to fit the custom funnel.
- Volume: Create a copy of one of the volume reports | Add the additional funnel field | Summarize the new funnel field.
- Velocity: Create a copy of one of the velocity reports | Add the additional funnel velocity field | Summarize the new funnel velocity field.
- Conversion: Create a copy of one of the conversion reports | Add the additional funnel checkbox field | Modify the summary report formula.
Note that you will also need to make sure that the conversion report for the adjacent funnel stages are correct.
- Influential Touches and Target Account Journey - These reports are based on a Custom Report Type Campaign Influence Detail w/ Related Objects (ABM) which is included in the package.
- You may already have a Custom Report Type for Campaign Influence Detail reports that you manage when adding new custom fields. No change is necessary for these reports, but if you want to avoid managing multiple custom report types for influence details records, consider recreating these two reports using your preferred report.
If you have questions or need assistance adjusting these reports to match your funnel configuration, please log a case in our Community.
These reports use the Current Target Account field which will always display responses for Accounts which are currently flagged as target accounts regardless of when the responses occurred.
As the target account list changes over time, you may want to consider using Target Account (On Create) which will show responses for target accounts only if the account was a target when the response was created, this will allow you to report on performance as your target account list changes over time.
Additionally, if you have a lookup relationship between Leads and Accounts, such as the one provided with Full Circle Matchmaker, you may want to adjust these reports to include Leads as well as Contacts. You can do this by adjusting the Current Target Account and Account ID formula fields on the Campaign Member to additionally reference the Lead relationship.
Current Target Account:
IF(NOT(ISBLANK( ContactId )), Contact.Target_Account__c , Lead.FCMM__LAM_MatchedAccount__r.Target_Account__c )
IF(NOT(ISBLANK(ContactId)), Contact.Account.Id , Lead.FCMM__LAM_MatchedAccount__r.Id)
You can also create a Target Account Status formula field on the Lead and set that up to Sync on Create with Target Account (On Create).