Create a custom ROI report
This is an example on how to create a custom ROI report formula to display the ROI for each of Campaigns based on influenced revenue. Customers who are looking to create an ROI report based on sourced revenue please see this article.
The basic ROI (Return on Investment) formula is:
(TotalRevenue - Cost)/Cost
In this example, we will be implementing the formula in Salesforce in order to report on ROI in reports/dashboards.
Step by Step Tutorial in SFDC
1. Navigate to the Reports tab and click New Report
2. Create a new ‘Campaign Influence Detail w/Related Objects (CRT)’ reports
3. Change the format to Summary Format
4. Click Add Formula to create a custom report formula
5. Populate fields as follows:
SFDC Report Formula:
*In the above example we are using the standard ActualCost field and Model 1. To report on a different model, swap in the api name for Model 2 or Model 3 (eg: FCRM__TotalOpRevenueModel2__c or FCRM__TotalOpRevenueModel3__c)
ROI (Influenced Revenue)
The report formula is now saved and added as the last column in the report. Additional columns can be added to this report per reporting needs.