This document highlights new features and functionality that are part of the 1.10 release of the Full Circle CRM Response Management System.
Support for Lookup Fields in Sync
Lookup fields are now available as sync fields. This will allow you to create fields on the Campaign Member and Campaign Influence Detail object
that lookup to users or other objects.
- Lookup sync supports both filtered and non-filtered lookup fields.
- The source and the destination fields must reference the same object.
- Sync to or from FCCRM managed package fields.
- In the event that a source lookup supports multiple object types (such as OwnerId on a lead
that supports Users and Queues), the destination field must support ALL of the source field types. Thus you cannot use the sync mechanism to
sync a lead OwnerId field to a User lookup, because the destination lookup can't support queues.
Enhanced Repeat Reporting
In 1.10 a new field has been added to the campaign member called Campaign Name (Repeat Parent). This field will display the Name of the
Campaign that is a Repeat Parent along with a link to that Campaign.
- If the campaign member is a member of an FCCRM repeat campaign, this lookup field will populate the name of the repeat parent campaign.
- If the member is not a repeat campaign, it will display the current campaign name.
For existing customers, all Full Circle CRM responses will be back populated on the first database
rebuild after upgrade.
With this new field, marketers can easily report on funnel metrics for campaign members at the parent level without having to break out campaign
statistics by campaign name. To do this, group reports by this field instead of the standard Campaign Name field.
Grouping by Campaign Name (Repeat Parent) field:
Sub-grouping by Campaign Name will also display metrics by the Repeat Parent and the Repeat Campaigns:
FCCRM Superpower Field
With this release we introduce the ‘FCCRM Superpower Field’ on the Lead and Contact objects (API Name: FCRM__ FCR_Superpower_Field__c).
This field has ‘Superpowers’ because when populated with specific text commands it will enable complex functionality without having to write code.
- Functionality is triggered when the field is populated with specific text commands and parameters.
- This field will support multiple commands over time – each command will define a specific functionality.
- When this functionality is able to trigger (for example, on insert or on update) is defined at the command level.
- This field can be set with workflow field updates, API and Apex, and manually through the UI.
- The field will be cleared by code so you should never see a text value in these fields. You may choose to turn on history tracking for this field to audit when it has be populated and cleared.
- Commands are run in a future context (Async) so there may be a delay of several minutes until the commands run.
- A syntax failure in this field will fail to process any updates. This failure is not recorded so be sure to test the syntax on single records.
- Processing failures will appear in the Full Circle CRM Event log.
The first Superpower functionality we are introducing is the ability to associate a Lead or Contact to a Campaign.
This command works on update only. This means that for newly created Leads or Contacts this command will only work when the value is set in
the field through workflow or in an update trigger. It will not work if the value is populated in the record on Insert, for example, through a web-to-lead
form or import, or in the UI during the create-record edit interface.
This command works on update only. This means that for newly created Leads or Contacts this command will only work when the value is set in the
field through workflow or in an update trigger. It will not work if the value is populated in the record on Insert, for example, through a web-to-lead form
or import, or in the UI during the create-record edit interface.
Example use-cases for this command:
- When a Sales Rep creates a new Lead or Contact, and the Lead Source is Data.com, associate the record to the Data.com Campaign.
- If a Score reaches engagement threshold, and an hour has passed without campaign association, add a Score Threshold Campaign.
- In a passive org, if a Sales rep opens a contact status, add a Sales Generated Campaign.
The following syntax should be used when populating the FCCRM Superpower field:
CreateAssociation [respondedstatus] campaignID1,campaignID2,campaignID3...
Where CreateAssociation is the command
- Always include this command when updating the field to do campaign association.
- Add a single space after this command.
Where respondedstatus is optional and is the member status you wish to apply.
- Add the member status after CreateAssociation separated by single spaces.
- Do not include the brackets in the syntax – that is only included in the syntax sample above
- to indicate the value is optional.
- Multi-word member status values MUST be surrounded by quotes (single or double quotes
- are fine).
- The application does NOT support member status values that contain single or double
- If no member status is specified, the status ‘Responded’ will be used. Note that if the member
- status ‘Responded’ is not configured on the campaign it will treat the association as if it’s a non-existent status value, and will use the default status value configured on that campaign. This may or may not be configured as a responded value.
- If a non-existent member status is set (typo, not configured on the campaign), the member status configured as the default on the campaign will be set. This may or may not be configured as a responded value.
- Member status values are not case sensitive.
Where campaignid is the ID of the Campaign (15 or 18 digits)
- There should be a single space before the first campaignid value.
- You can list multiple Campaigns however all will have the same member status.
- In the case of multiple campaigns they must be comma separated without any spaces
- between the commas and the campaign ID values.
- This command only works on update, not on insert.
- Any campaign association through this command will trigger a repeat response if it’s allowed
- by the repeat response rules.
- The association will not update an existing campaign member from a non-response member
- status value to a responded member status value. In the case that there is an existing non-
- responded member (as defined by the member status field), the association will not process.
- Be extremely careful when creating these associations using workflows, as there is the possibility that you could create an endless loop if a workflow caused by an association requests another association. In particular, workflows that perform commands based on field changes caused by FCCRM may have unexpected behavior - particularly cross object workflows.
New Influence Fields
Prior to this release influence metrics were split into three fields reflecting open, closed/won and closed/lost revenue metrics. The introduction of
new formula fields allows easy reporting on total influence for each influence model in use.
You may want to add these fields to page layouts and consider adjusting field permissions.
|Campaign||Total Influence (model 2)||FCRM__ FCR_TotalOpRevenueModel2__c|
|Campaign||Total Influence (model 3)||FCRM__ FCR_TotalOpRevenueModel3__c|
|Campaign Member||Total Influence||FCRM__ FCR_TotalOpRevenueModel1__c|
|Campaign Member||Total Influence (model 2)||FCRM__ FCR_TotalOpRevenueModel2__c|
|Campaign Member||Total Influence (model 3)||FCRM__ FCR_TotalOpRevenueModel3__c|
|Campaign Influence Detail||Total Influence||FCRM__ FCR_TotalOpRevenueModel1__c|
|Campaign Influence Detail||Total Influence (model 2)||FCRM__FCR_TotalOpRevenueModel2__c|
|Campaign Influence Detail||Total Influence (model 3)||FCRM__ FCR_TotalOpRevenueModel3__c|
Minor Functional Updates
- SR-709 - Make sure FCR_Admin_Update_Counter__c is correctly updated in FCR_DeleteCampaignMemberSequence.
- SR-726 - New ResponsePreprocess hook to support field adjustments on response creation.
- SR-730 - Restored Name creation date setting to application (instead of relying on default value).
- SR-742 - Increase size of Deferred Update Item Error Message field on Deferred Update object to 255 from 128.
- Clear Opportunity field FCR_Admin_CMArchive__c on opportunity clone
- Fixed bug in SetRepeatResponseUserForContext that was disabling triggers after being called.
- Add exception handler to FCR_ConfigurationClass.AssignmentConfigInfoTypePerson to handle possible outside workflow/trigger edge condition during testing.
- Fix AsyncHandler fallback mechanism when Emails are configured but are not working (specifically, Email handler is inactive but falsely being detected as active due to SFDC bug)
- Fix null reference exception on FCR_SupportAPI.ScheduleAsyncOperation if called when API is disabled.
- Implement 'createparentcampaign' special test code - creates a default parent campaign of specified type for all test campaigns.