When importing new leads, many companies frequently only have a name and an email address populated in the import file. Matchmaker provides additional functionality that allows matches to be determined based on email domain. The application evaluates all the account records in an org and inserts the email domain from the contacts listed at the account to two account fields. Matchmaker supports email domain calculation as follows:
- Calculates Email Domains for Accounts: evaluates the email address field on Contacts at the Account and determines the most frequently occurring email domain and inserts it to the field Email Domain.
- Calculates Secondary Email Domain for Accounts: evaluates the email address field on Contacts at the Account and determines the second most frequently occurring email domain and insert it to the field Secondary Email Domain if the following two criteria are met (NOTE: these constraints are editable through the LMA - to update these values, contact Full Circle Insights):
- Secondary Email Domain Threshold Count: The number of contacts on the account that must have the secondary email domain for it to be considered. Default = 2.
- Secondary Email Domain Threshold Percent: The percentage of total contacts on the account that must have the secondary email domain for it to be considered. Default = 25%.
- Using exclusion rules, allows administrators to exclude certain accounts from email domain calculation.
- Allows administrators to add custom domains to be ignored by the application.
Note: The Match Leads functionality can use these fields to match, assign and convert leads. If Email Domain Calculation is not configured and run, the application will use the other fields defined in the matching rule. These are Account Name, Website, Email Domain and Secondary Email Domain.
Navigate to Email Domain Calculation wizard on the Matchmaker Configuration tab and click on Edit.
Select Yes if you would like to enable this feature. We recommend that you enable and schedule this feature for optimal application performance.
Would you like to calculate email domains for accounts?
Specify Yes or No to enable this feature.
Which accounts should be excluded?
Specify which accounts should be ignored by configuring the field, operator and value in the wizard. You may add additional filters.
Custom Ignored Domains
Matchmaker is pre-set to ignore popular free email service domains below.
aol.com, arnet.com.ar, att.net, bellsouth.net, bigpond.com, bigpond.com.au, bigpond.net.au, blueyonder.co.uk, bol.com.br, bt.com, btinternet.com, charter.net, comcast.net, cox.net, daum.net, earthlink.net, email.com, facebook.com, fastmail.fm, fibertel.com.ar, free.fr, freeserve.co.uk, frontiernet.net, games.com, globo.com, globomail.com, gmail.com, gmx.com, gmx.de, gmx.fr, gmx.net, google.com, googlemail.com, hanmail.net, hotmail.be, hotmail.co.uk, hotmail.com, hotmail.com.ar, hotmail.com.br, hotmail.com.mx, hotmail.de, hotmail.es, hotmail.fr, hush.com, hushmail.com, icloud.com, ig.com.br, inbox.com, itelefonica.com.br, juno.com, laposte.net, lavabit.com, list.ru, live.be, live.co.uk, live.com, live.com.ar, live.com.mx, live.de, live.fr, love.com, mac.com, mail.com, mail.ru, me.com, mindspring.com, msn.com, nate.com, naver.com, neuf.fr, ntlworld.com, o2.co.uk, oi.com.br, online.de, optonline.net, orange.fr, orange.net, outlook.co.nz, outlook.com, outlook.com.br, pobox.com, prodigy.net.mx, qq.com, r7.com, rambler.ru, rocketmail.com, safe-mail.net, sbcglobal.net, sfr.fr, shaw.ca, sina.com, sky.com, skynet.be, speedy.com.ar, t-online.de, talktalk.co.uk, tds.net, telenet.be, telus.net, terra.com.br, tiscali.co.uk, tvcablenet.be, uol.com.br, verizon.net, virgin.net, virginmedia.com, voo.be, wanadoo.co.uk, wanadoo.fr, web.de, windowslive.com, windstream.net, wow.com, ya.ru, yahoo.co.id, yahoo.co.in, yahoo.co.jp, yahoo.co.kr, yahoo.co.uk, yahoo.com, yahoo.com.ar, yahoo.com.au, yahoo.com.br, yahoo.com.mx, yahoo.com.ph, yahoo.com.sg, yahoo.de, yahoo.es, yahoo.fr, yandex.com, yandex.ru, ygm.com, ymail.com, zipmail.com.br, zoho.com
To add more domains to be ignored, you can manually add domains one at a time from the configuration page:
To remove domains from the ignore list - or to add domains in bulk - see our Knowledge Base article Matchmaker KB 1005: How to Edit Ignored Domains List.
How often should account email domains be calculated?
You can set the frequency (weekly or daily), day of the week and time of day that the batch runs to calculate email domains. For most customers, weekly calculation is sufficient.
Click Save and Close
It is possible to initiate a one time batch and Matchmaker will evaluate all accounts in the org to calculate and populate email domains. To do this, once you have enabled and configured settings for the feature, click on Run One-Time Batch. Upon initial install and configuration, Matchmaker will first run Email Domain Calculation the first time that Lead Matching is run.
Do you need assistance or have questions? Contact our Customer Success team by logging a case in the Full Circle Customer Success Community.